Photobucket                                               PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, August 14, 2011

New Kid on The Blog

I’d like you all to meet Adele from intotheblonde... Adele lives in the UK, which makes me very jealous since I’ve been dying to go back to Europe for a few years. She’s an amazing gal with a great sense of style that you all need to meet.

Hi there! Adele here from intotheblonde... First of all, thanks a million to Zara for letting me loose on her blog & asking me to guest post. This is my first ever guest post....so be gentle!!!

I'm pretty new to the land of Blog, having only started my own blog in May this year but already I'm addicted to blogging.

Since being asked to guest post I've been thinking a lot about what to write. I feel like I've got to know Zara pretty well since we met in the blogosphere, but I don't feel I've really kinda put myself out there yet for people to get to know me. So, I thought I'd do a Q&A to enable you guys to learn a bit more about who the blonde is behind the blog...

What inspired you to start a blog?

My blog coincided with a complete life change. I decided to give up work, take a career break & set up my blog, which I'd always wanted to do but never had the guts to go for it! It's probably one of the bravest decisions I've made in my life, but I'm so glad I did it.

What did you do before you gave up work?

I've worked in Fashion all my working life, (setting budgets/planning clothing ranges/analysing sales) for major UK High Street brands such asNext, so know a lot about the garment industry & the make-up of clothes. This has been instrumental in my love of fashion & shopping.

Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?

A variety of sources: celebs (my faves are Olivia Palermo, Jennifer Anniston), fashion magazines & more recently blogs. I also find Topshop very directional as they tend to be the first to land an emerging trend.

 

How would you describe your style?

Easy chic! Whatever I wear, it's got to look good. I tend to have expensive taste, but happily mix designer & high street. I'm also pretty coordinated and like my accessories to tie in with what I'm wearing.

What trends do you want to buy into now?

Definitely snakeskin! I think it's going to become the new leopard print. I'm also loving the spots trend too, a refreshing change to stripes!!

Who would you most like to dress you?

This is an easy one! I love all things Chanel, but can't afford to buy them (it's a small obsession if truth be known!!), so would love to be Karl Lagerfeld's muse (in my dreams lol!!).

What is the one thing you can't be without?

(I'm almost ashamed to say) My iPhone. It has my whole life in it & access to a multitude of things if I'm on the move. It also has a great camera/video so handy!

What is your favourite type of food?

Japanese - I'm a huge fish lover. Nobu's Black Cod is heaven to me! I also love a good Indian curry.

Where has been your favourite holiday destination?

I fell in love with Kenya when I went on Safari 6 years ago. I'm a huge animal lover & am really into wildlife. We were so fortunate to see some amazing sights ie a lioness & her cubs, a leopard eating it's kill, a bull elephant charging...truly an unforgettable holiday.

How do you like to relax?

My idea of a relaxing is chilling out with friends -  good company, good food, good wine, good times!!

Thanks again to Zara for having me over here! I've really enjoyed it xoxo

Thank you so much Adele for being here today! I loved learning more about you and I have to say now I want to head to Kenya for an adventure!

4 comments:

  1. what an awesome post! and i love nobu :) and ok...i totally wouldnt mind karl dressing me either :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat post! I would love to have her (former) job - so exciting! I love how they refer to brands like Forever 21 as "High Street" in the UK. It makes them sound so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adele rocks!! Great guest post :) ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Adele! Loved learning more about you - totally jeals of your Kenya trip. Also, if in the future you do become Karl's muse - make sure to post about it ;)

    Tasia
    http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Leave comments, questions or suggestions! They make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...