I wrote this huge post… and then I realized that you all don’t need to know the nity grity details of every. single. goal. I have made this year. So here is a list:
1. Read more. The first goal is to read at least 2 books a month. I love reading, and realized that I haven’t done very much of it lately.
2. Plan our trips better. We love to travel, but have been slacking in the planning department. Which usually means our trips are very last minute and thrown together. So this year, we are going to plan for it more… oh and step one is to open a Savings account for travel.
3. Become a better photographer. I love photography, really. Working in the field has also opened my eyes to how much there is to learn. So this year I’m doing Project 366, committing to shoot in manual only, and learning how to better my shots.
4. Watch at least one documentary a week. I love documentaries, I love learning about history, I love learning new things. A friend of mine posted a link to the Top Documentaries. These are awesome, there are hundreds of documentaries and most are totally free to watch. No downloading needed.
5. Become healthy. I’ve been healthy, and in general I am pretty healthy. But I’d like to get rid of the jiggle in my thighs, and tone my arms and butt a bit more. I really just want to create a healthier lifestyle for the husband and myself.
6. Do house chores throughout the week. I am one of those people who always leaves everything for one day in the month. This includes, vacuuming, cleaning, grocery shopping, laundry, dusting and so on to just one day… and this one day ends up being the worst day of my life as I run around the house trying to do 12 loads of laundry, clean out the fridge and vacuum the floors. So, in 2012… I am going to attempt to get things done throughout the week and not waste my weekends.
7. 30 for 30 Challenge: I’ve been meaning to do this since I started this little bloggity of mine. I found Kendi’s blog and fell in love with her and the idea of using the items you have in your closet. I have a shopping problem… however I need to get it under control… so I am challenging myself to do the 30 for 30 for at least 1 month in every season.
8. Work out at least 3 times a week. I need to get back on the workout path. So I have decided to reward myself. Every workout I complete, I put $5.00 in our travel savings account. Three workouts a week is $15.00, that’s $60 a month… and if you are as good as me at using a calculator… it’s $720 a year. Which can go a long way when it comes to vacations… and only if I’d work out 5 days a week…
9. BUY a house and move. While this is more of a need rather then a goal, I’m putting it on here because it’s one of the many things on our bucket list. We’ll most likely be moving at the end of May beginning of June and will have our very first house bought by this time.
10. Be a better blogger. The last few months of 2011, I sort of dropped off the face of the earth, or at least the bloggy world. This is totally due to my lack of organization these past few months. I’m never disorganized, but apparently there is a first of everything. So, this year… I will blog at least 5 times a week. welllllll I will try!
11. Be responsible with money. I am awful with money. Really… the more I have, the more I spend. The worst thing is that the hubs is kind of the same way. We spend a ton on travel. Any time we have a few extra pennies we book a trip, or buy a new car or a new computer, or a new TV or… you get the idea. SO, this year, we’re trying to be responsible without really giving up our travel. So we’re cutting back on TVs, computers, anddddd sadly shoes.
12. Clean out our belonging. We have a lot of crap. Most of it in boxes, sitting in the basement of my parents’ house. We need to clean it up, get rid of things we don’t want to move. Sell the furniture off before we move into a new house. I refuse to move things we don’t want or want to replace with us.
13. Be happy.