Photobucket                                               PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Trouble spots

 

Welcome to Day 9 of 25 Days of Fitness!

I keep looking at my thighs and being disappointed. I use to pride myself on my legs, having been active as a kid and teenager, and playing tennis almost year around had given me some awesome legs. Then I stopped playing and my legs slowly but surely started becoming less toned and more flabby. I hate it!

SO when people ask what is the one thing I’d like to change about my body, my answer is clear. I’m working on them now, however, I hate the fact that I am not seeing a difference yet. I spent a good portion of this morning looking up new exercise that I can add to my workout in order to maxims fat loss and toning in my thighs.

First things first: It will take time to see results. I need to make peace with this idea. Most sources say that you need about a three months before seeing any obvious results. Three months seems so long! It’s killin’ me a little, but it’s better to know that it will take time then to assume we should see results right away.

Losing Excess Fat

In order to tone your inner thighs you must first lose the excess fat that is covering the area. No matter how many inner-thigh toning exercises you do, you will not see results until the layer of fat covering the area is gone. Hence, increase cardiovascular activity and watch how many calories you are consuming. The 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans recommends a minimum of 150 minutes of moderate aerobic exercise every week for weight control, so if you want to lose weight you need to kick it up a notch!!!

The following exercise recommendations are from Bodybuilding.com and can be found here.

Squats

Leg Press

Stiff Leg Deadlift

Lunge

Leg Curl

Leg Extension

Hip Abduction (one of my favorites)

Hip Adduction (another favorite)

 

I do a great deal of these, but I think I might have to step it up and actually add a time in my workout that I can concentrate on these things specifically!!!

Happy working outs all!!!

xxxxx

Zara - 1

3 comments:

  1. This is soooo wonderful :) Thank you for these amazing tips, i cannot wait to try these out YAY!!! I wanted to also respond to your question on my blog ;) Im living in tampa fl, I loove loove it! If you ever find yourself out here you should visit jeje Its seriously one of the nicest places Ive ever lived... (and thats quite a bit) jeje anyway ill stop blabbering now :)

    I cant wait to try these out sooo excited YAY <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel but it also looks like you have a great plan!!! Be patient. The results will come :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Leave comments, questions or suggestions! They make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...