“I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” -- Jimmy DeanEvery birthday, I make a list of resolutions and usually never follow through on getting them done. This years list has 22 items that I am pretty set on getting done, even though a few of them need to be modified and extended into the next year.
1. Fit into my jeans!
2. Get healthy and stay healthy
3. Get a gym membership and go at least 3 times a week (I got a membership to the 24 Hour Fitness right down the street, and have been good about going regularly thus far, but I am not crossing off the goal of going 3 times a week, because it should be continuous.)
4. Apply to grad school – this is one that needs to be modified, since we are back on the initial plan to move to Texas, this will have to wait until I am graduated as well as until we know where we will be living.
5. Find a job in my field
6. Keep up with daily posts on the blog (I’ve been pretty good about this, and hope to keep it up)
7. Dive the Keys in Florida
8. Read a book a week – modifying to Read at least 2 books a month
9. Do Kendi's 30 for 30 for at least one month every season! – This will start in May!!
10. Start a graduate program – this one is dependent on #4… applying would be first!
11. Buy a house – we will not be buying a house this year, since we don’t know where we will be living
12. Pay off all bad debt!!!!
13. Become a better Photographer
14. Vacation to the Bahamas
15. Send my parents on a vacation
16. Keep my nails painted for the whole year, and avoid acrylics (I’ve been really good about this too, I let the polish chip a bit before replacing but my nails have been painted every day since my birthday!)
17. Paint more
18. Spend more time with Grandpa
19. Learn how to sew
20. Keep a journal
21. Get at least one ski trip in (Feb 25-27 Keystone, CO)
22. Sort photos and finish scrapbooks!!!In order to get things done, I am stealing Meghan’s idea of mini-goals. I really like the idea of setting small stepping stones towards bigger goals.
I’d like to have 5 to 10 mini-goals a month that I can try and accomplish, so here is my list of goals for the Month of April!