Photobucket                                               PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, January 31, 2011

Winter is nature's way of saying, "Up yours." ~Robert Byrne

I love waking up to the frozen fog outside my window, the grey of winter all across town, and a white snow blanket on all the lawns. Unfortunately, I only love this weather then I can stay home, curl up on the couch with a good book and a steaming cup of tea... today, I had to drive to school and it was miserable!!!

I hate 8 am classes, but this Chemistry class was the only one that fit into my schedule and the last one I need for graduation, hence I have to force myself out of bed at 6 am to be able to make it downtown for it. 

Breakfast was a hurried affair, and not a fantastic one. I had some instant oatmeal with apples but it wasn't the best. I'm not the biggest fan of oatmeal, but it is fast to make, healthy and keeps away the hunger for a while. My tea, on the other hand, was delicious!! TAZO Awake with two slices of lemon!    




My drive to school was as slow as can be. Leaving the house around 6:30 am usually guarantees that I am at school by 7:30 am and beat all the traffic, but because of the snow everyone was slow-poking it down the highway. The radio kept telling me that the temperature was dropping and sure enough my windshield was freezing over from the fog, even though I had the heater on and the wipers were working! Yikes! 

By the time I got to school it was about 12 degrees out, and starting to smell like snow. Class was delayed by 15 minutes, which turned into a half hour since my professor decided that it was perfect weather for biking to work! 

Between getting to school at about 7:50 am and leaving the building to head home at 9:30 am there was a good inch of snow on the ground, and the temperature had dropped another few degrees! BRRRRR!


The Camaro did great for the most part. I was dancing around on the roads a bit, and it thanking God that there were not too many cars around. I got almost all the way home, and that was about it. I was stuck in our neighborhood for about two hours before my in-laws came and rescued me with their truck! 

I can't complain too much, the heated seats and the phone charger in the car got some great use. I kept my bum warm while reading the news and playing on the internet! I wouldn't know what to do with myself if it weren't for smartphones! 

I also got a little creative and tried taking some artsy pictures with my point and shoot! The result of my handy work is on the left. :-)



At around 12:30 pm I made it home. Got the fireplace going, and am now sitting next to it and enjoying a large cup of steaming tea!!

The car made it all the way to the house, but no matter what we tried she refused to go into the garage,
so as a punishment she is stuck on the side of the house, in the cold and snow. Breaks my heart!

Food for thought: What is the best thing to do on a dreary day like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Leave comments, questions or suggestions! They make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...