Photobucket                                               PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11…A day to remember and to celebrate

My husband was born on September 11th. In 2001, he was turning 17, and was a Senior in high school. He can describe in detail, every single aspect of that day to the parking spot he parked his 3000GT in, to the shirt he was wearing, to the meal he had. He remembers in vivid details every minute of the fateful day.

I was in the 8th grade. I remember walking into my homeroom class late, and watching as the second plane hit the towers. I remember that it didn’t register at first, and I thought it was some other part of the world. I don’t remember what I was wearing or what I ate that day, but I remember coming home to my dad who never left for work. He was glued to the TV, trying to figure out exactly what was happening.

Like many Americans, I will never forget 9.11. I will never forget what it brought on, or what it means to us. Raven posted this today, and the song rings true to me just as it does to her and millions of other Americans. I’d like to add another song to the list.

We will never forget 9.11. But I hope that we can celebrate the lives of the heroes who stood up and fought back. Who gave their lives to save those they could. I hope we can remember and thank the crew and passengers of United flight 93. But above all I hope that we can remember that if we live in fear of our lives the terrorists will win. We fight back not just by going to war, but doing our part as FREE Americans, and showing that we are not afraid. We can raise from the rubble and fight back, and we will.

Signiture

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Leave comments, questions or suggestions! They make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...