Photobucket                                               PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, September 12, 2011

Change

I’ve done this before. Packed up my worldly belongings into a suitcase and moved miles away from home. I’ve left friends and relatives behind numerous times. Yet, it has never gotten easier to get up and move.

Change is a necessity in life, and I have a slight aversion to it. Change excites me, and I crave it, however when it is knocking on my door, I shut it close and hide in the corner. I am currently having a love/hate relationship with the impending move. Especially since it’s now been moved up, and will happen way sooner than anticipated.

I don’t want to leave my parents, brother and friends behind. I don’t want to move somewhere, where I will be completely alone with no one to talk to. I have begun to over-think and over-analyze everything, including what will I do if something were to happen to my family. My greatest fear is being helpless when they need me. I know that I can always hop on a flight and be home in a matter of 2 hours, or get in my car and drive back (13 hours). But I don’t want to leave. I just don’t.

168240_10150106743234365_507824364_7594473_6576296_n

Change is knocking on the door. Opportunity is ringing the bell. And I’m cowering in my corner, with the blanket over my head hoping that they’ll forget I’m here and will go away.

4 comments:

  1. girl keep your head up...i promise that skype and phones are much easier now than you would ever believe :) plus a new city will be overwhelming in terms of exploration for a while and you may not even think about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change is good...embrace it xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can already tell that you are a strong girl and with your hubby by your side- you will thrive in the face of challenge! At least you have the blog world and blog "friends", so you aren't completely alone...at least that's what I always tell myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hang in there doll! all your concerns are so, so valid and change is hard, but sometimes it is so so good. know that no matter where you go, you have so many great gals in bloggy world that are supporting you and thinking about you every single step of the way. dont cower in the corner...put on those big girl panties and try to embrace it in baby steps. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Leave comments, questions or suggestions! They make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...