Photobucket                                               PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Never hurts to ask…

I have a personality issue where I feel that I shouldn’t have to ask for things. That these things are so obvious that they should just be done on their own without me prompting.

For example, I shouldn’t have to ask the hubs to put away the food and I shouldn’t have to ask my teacher for an explanation on a grade… these are things that should just happen.

However, what I’ve learned is that what I see as obvious or necessary may not be so obvious and necessary to someone else. A good example of this is folding laundry. There are certain things (undies) that I like to fold, and stack neatly in my drawers… the hubs thinks that this is completely unnecessary and slightly crazy. he’s stated several times that the undies are small enough that I could just throw them into the drawer and never even notice. However, my OCD personality will not allow for it.

With this whole photography thing going on, I’ve needed to learn lots of things and still have so much more to learn. So while I kind of winged it and learned as I went when photography was just for me, now I’ve had to crack down and get a move on. … SO my personality issue has reared it’s ugly head again. I know that the only way I’ll improve is if I have someone critiquing my photos, and giving me an honest professional opinion.

That being said, I kicked my fear in the booty and asked a few photographers for help. I figured the worse they can do is say no, or not respond. Well, guess what?! They all responded back! And two of them are some of my all time favorite photographers. I can’t wait to hear what they have to say about my work!!!

The lesson, I’d like to leave you with on this Tuesday morning is never be afraid of asking for something. The worst that can happen is a no, which leaves you with nothing less then what you had before.

Happy Tuesday all! I’m off to pick up my handsome baby brother from their airport! Can’t wait to have him here with us for a few days!

1 comment:

  1. That's great that they are going to look over your work! I think you are doing fabulous, so they can only improve you even more! I have had similar issues with Will, but we just compromise. As a matter of fact, he's the one who has to have things folded a certain way, so I told him to put away his own laundry. If he doesn't put it away, then it gets put away my way. Haha. He doesn't usually complain at that point.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Leave comments, questions or suggestions! They make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...