Photobucket                                               PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Catching up

It's been a little crazy this week. The stupid weather has really thrown everything out of order. It's really frustrating that just this past weekend it was in the 60s and today it dropped to -17 degrees. It's just miserable.

Anyways, on to food and such ...

Last night 



I left you guys after lunch and ventured into the subzero temperature! I had to take my brother's car, since mine was unwilling to get out of the garage.

 The car was defiantly frozen and didn't feel like starting up. It took a little while to get her going, but finally the engine started up. The car was literally frozen solid, the gear stick was impossible to move, so I had to let it defrost, and even than it was a pain in the butt!


In all the years that I've lived in Colorado, I have never seen such cold weather. Sure we get lots of snow, but its gone by the next morning. This time it was a little snow which refused to melt away.

I snacked on some of these when I got home. Some plain French bread with homemade cottage cheese! It's delicious and easy to make! I also sprinkled some salt on it.  
  1. Buy a carton of buttermilk
  2. Leave it out on the counter for 24 hours  
  3. Dump the whole thing into a casserole dish and bake at 250 F for about 3 hours 
  4. Strain, so that all the liquid is gone and you have some delicious cottage cheese!!!

Dinner Time!


It was my mom's turn to make dinner and she whipped up this fantastic meal! Spagettie with your choice of sauce (mine had Greek Yogurt), and a twice baked pork chop covered in melted cheese and onions. YUM!






After dinner I spent a good deal of time staring at my Chemistry book and at the homework. It would really help if I enjoyed chemistry, or even better if I understood it. My mind is just not meant to be a numbers and formulas kind of mind, its more of a free spirit!!

This Morning... 

I started out with some breakfast on the couch in front of my computer! Some more of the homemade cottage cheese on French Bread, but I got fancy and toasted the bread! It was defiantly a good idea! 

I also had to have my cup of morning tea. This was my last bag of Green Tea, so now I have to wait until this weekend before I go shopping and get more. This makes me a little sad. 

After breakfast, it was class time. The 8 am Chemistry class will truly be the end of me. BOO!!!
After class I met Irina, and we worked on some discussions and homework.

Then it was time for LUNCH!
I made a toasted honey turkey and Swiss sandwich, with a side of completely unhealthy potatoes chips and the last slice of pickle. I tried to enjoy some Swiss Ice Tea, but was still disappointed. Arizona Sweet Tea has been added to the grocery list. 
The sandwich was a WIN! 

After lunch, I read Man's Search for Meaning a bit, and then fought with the internet (it won). I had to tutor at 4 PM, so I once again bundled up and headed into the freezing cold. 

It is so cold outside that the car didn't heat up the whole way to the kids' house, or on the way back home!!! So when I got home, I changed and jumped on the eleptical. I've been doing this three days in a row and can already see a difference in my endurance. Pretty dang proud of myself. 


  After my mini-workout, I ate some low-fat strawberry yogurt and drank a ton of water. 

Now time to figure out some dinner and do some research. 
See you after dinner 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Leave comments, questions or suggestions! They make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...