Photobucket                                               PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, March 18, 2011

FBFF: The 5 lessons I’ve learned so far…

 

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday (FBFF) was created by Modly Chic presents a question for every Friday. This is my first Friday linking up to it, and I feel that it might become a Friday tradition.

This weeks question is: So far, what have been the 5 hardest blogging lessons you’ve learned? What have you learned during this process that helped make you a better blogger as a result?

While my blog is a baby and I haven’t had too much experience with the blog world, here are some of the lessons I’ve learned:

1. Be true to who you are

This was probably the biggest lesson I’ve learned. When I started blogging, I tried to restrict myself to fitness and food, because everything I read told me to go with something specific, and stick to it. Well, I get bored writing only about the food I eat and what I’m doing at the gym. So I decided that this blog would be a lifestyle one, rather then a fitness, or healthy eating or fashion. I combined the things I love and that is what my understanding of a blog is.

2. Posting commitment

I feel that this has been the first week where I’ve actually done a post a day, and it feels good to post daily. Lots of things get in the way, and sometimes there seems to be less hours in the day then what we need but even a little post to share something with your readers is important. Since I’ve decided to have a blog, I also realized that I must commit to it much like one commits to other activities.

3. Research is key

While a blog is known for being a dairy with a lot of opinion, there needs to be substance to the blog. Writing, whatever comes to mind only goes so far. In order for the blog to have substance research needs to be done, and proper sources sited.

4. Give and take

As a new blogger, it is essential that you find blogs that you like, read and comment. Commenting on others blogs starts building a community that is very important when it comes to blogging. In the short time that I’ve been blogging I’ve found several bloggers that have become friends such as Jasmine at Eat, Move and Write and Meghan at little girl in the big world. These girls not only have great blogs to read, but also have helped me on my way as a blogger with their advice and support. So you’ve got to give so that you can take.

5. Accountability

Blogging has taught me a lot about accountability, and helped me make decisions that I would be proud to share with others. I started blogging to try and stay on a set fitness plan, and become healthier it has not only helped me keep going to the gym but also start researching what I eat, what I can do to improve and so on.

There you have it! The five little lessons that I’ve learned in the last month and a half. I am sure that there are many more lessons to learn, which I’ll be sharing as I go along this journey!

Have a great and fantastic Friday everyone!

Go here if you want to link up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Leave comments, questions or suggestions! They make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...