Photobucket                                               PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring is in the Air – Day 5

 

Once again, I’m sorry this is a little late. I was at the hospital longer then planned, and had a nice chat with my grandfather about random topics that we always seem to talk about. As an update, he is doing great and should be moving from the ICU to a regular room with a discharge date of Monday or Tuesday. Smile

 

Today is the last day for the Spring is in the Air Blog Challenge with Amber and Meghan.

Today’s Question is:

What recipe or food do you look forward to most during the Spring time?

I am addicted to eating, and eating all kinds of food. When Spring and Summer come around I start craving fresh and light food.

For example: TACOS!!!

 

When I’m in the mood I make my tacos super fancy with home made pico de gallo!!!

 

My recipe for pico de gallo is pretty easy, but I don’t have exact measurements. I kind of eyeball everything and toss it up, taste it and if it’s missing a flavor or needs more of one I just add it. One of these days I’ll actually write down the recipe and give exact measures. However, everyone including the husband LOVES my salsa!

Here is what you need:

2 to 3 Roma Tomatoes (gutted and diced)

1 to 2 Jalapenos (diced)

2 to 3 cloves of garlic (crushed)

1/4 to 1/2 of a red onion (diced)

handful of cilantro (chopped)

1 to 2 lemons

salt

pepper

Here is what you need to do:

After chopping and dicing everything up, combine the tomatoes, jalapenos, garlic, onion and cilantro in a bowl. Then squeeze in one lemon, careful not to drop the seeds in there! Add about a teaspoon or two of salt and pepper. Mix well and taste.

I usually like the jalapeno flavor to be there but not overpower everything else. You also have to be careful with the lemon, sometimes one is just right, sometimes you need one and a half and so on. So really its up to your little taste-buds to decide what to do. If you like it spice add the second jalapeno, or more salt or not salt at all. Smile This is a recipe that I just pulled together one day when I was in a desperate need of pico de gallo but didn’t want the store bought one. It turned out great, and now I just tweak it depending on what I feel like having.

PS… my mom also adds this pico de gallo to her avocado mix to make a spicy guacamole!!!

ENJOY!!! Smile    

 

I wear Pearl

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I'm your newest follower from this challenge. I love tacos too;)

    Feel free to check out my blog here;) inadaze13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Leave comments, questions or suggestions! They make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...