Photobucket                                               PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Setting plans in stone

 

Welcome to day 10 of 25 Days of Fitness!

“Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek.” – Mario Andretti

It just happens that Mario Andretti is one of the best race car drivers in the world. He is a world champion racing driver, and one of the most successful Americans in the history of race cars. He also happens to be one of the only two drivers in the world who have won races in Formula One, IndyCar, World Sportscar Championship and NASCAR!!!

Being the car obsessed nerd that I am, I had to quote him when it came to motivation. I mean a motivation quote that sounds nice is one thing, but one that sounds nice and comes from someone who can back up what he says is a whole different picture.

I must confess that I only did a 30 minute walk yesterday, and the only exercise I got today was walking on campus. However, I have a good excuse, I had ended up staying up till about 1 AM trying to finish my chemistry homework (for that class that I kind of need to pass) and then had to get up at 6 to actually make it to class and take a quiz. So I got a grand total of about 4 hours of solid sleep, and had every intention of going to the gym until I got home, set down on the couch and realized how exhausted I was.

To make up for this I’m going to do double duty at the gym with a day of cardio in the morning and in the evening.

I’ve really been trying to set up a good system for myself to both lose the extra fat, gain a bit more muscle and definition as well as turn the whole thing into a routine. I’ve been really successful with a few things:

Drinking a ton of water

If you didn’t get a chance to read the post for day 2, head over and read it. It’s all about drinking water and why it is good for you. I must say that drinking more water has been hard, trying to remember to drink it is the hardest part for me since my little mind cannot remember to do so unless I drag my water bottle around with me. So that is exactly what I’ve been doing!

Getting more sleep

While yesterday was an EPIC FAIL for getting sleep, I’ve been really good about getting my 8 hours of sleep, and have seen a world of difference in my energy levels. I also don’t wake up cranky or frustrated like I use to.

Eating breakfast

Breakfast has always been a meal I’ve skipped, not because I don’t like food or want to lose weight by skipping meals, but because I don’t roll out of bed any earlier then 10 minutes before I’m suppose to leave the house, which leads to running at least 30 minutes late and for some reason I justify skipping breakfast. This past week, I have had some form of breakfast every day, and I’ve been able to control my hunger much better… it could also be the Fat Burner that I started taking… hummm.

Finally:

Going to the gym and exercising daily

Once again today was an EPIC FAIL, and makes me a little depressed, however I have been sticking to getting some kind of an exercise every single day which is the contributing factor to my almost 5 pound weight loss (I just danced a little jig)!!!!

However, like I said before, I really want to get into some kind of a routine that will allow me to stick either strength training, cardio or Body Pump at the gym.

So here is what I’ve come up with Smile 

Mondays: Body Pump

Tuesdays: Strength training (Upper Body)

Wednesdays: Body Pump (Cardio)

Thursdays: Strength training (Lower Body)

Fridays: Cardio

Saturdays Strength training (Rest  Day??)

Sundays: Body Pump

I know that I should really include Rest days in this as well, and I’m working out on what I want to give up. I might replace a day or two of the Cardio with Body Pump.

Q: Any suggestions on how to set up my schedule. I might have to forgo a day of Body Pump, and I’d give up Monday because I am not the biggest fan of the instructor. hummm….

Q: What does your workout routine look like? Do you have set days for certain things? I really loved the way P90X was set up and have contemplated going back to that schedule as well.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for losing 5 pounds! You have a great plan and I know you will lose more in no time! I love your blog and decided to follow :)

    ashareyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY YAY!!!!!!!!! Your doing so amazing jejeje,
    Well my schedule is pretty simple... I wake up eat breakfast, ill take my dog for a walk and then head to the gym... ill come back and head off to work and when i finish i try to go to the gym again jajajaja

    My workout schedule is 30 min in the morning and 30 at night... with walking my dog and going to the pool id have to say maybe like 2 hours a day... Ive always wanted to try the P90x :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Leave comments, questions or suggestions! They make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...