Photobucket                                               PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spending the day on the slopes

I’d rather be a failure at something I enjoy than a success at something I hate. – George Burns
Update:

Yesterday was a tough day for me. I was completely exhausted due to lack of sleep, which resulted in me being a grump all day, and by the time I got a breather so that I could go down and exercise all I wanted to do was sleep.

It really took a lot for me to get off my comfortable couch, leave my sleepiness behind, change into workout clothes and get to the basement. I was going to do another one of the Couch to 5K runs, but my knee’s been bothering me these past few days (I injured my knee a long time ago, and it’s always been a pain in the butt), so I opted for the elliptical which is a lot easier on the knees.

I didn’t quite get to the 30 minute mark, and had to force myself to get to the 300 calorie mark, but I did it. I am a little sad that I was about 8 minutes short of the 30 minute workout goal, but I’m going to cut myself some slack since I actually got off the couch without anyone having to force me off.

Smile


On the brighter side WELCOME to Day 6 of the 25 Days of Fitness!!!! 

If you’ve missed out on the first 5 Days of the challenge you can catch up here:

I’m going to keep it nice and short for today, since the Mister and I are heading to Keystone for the last two days of skiing. The resort closes on the 10th (Sunday) and we really wanted to get one more day of riding, since our seasons has been so lame… due to not getting seasons passes.


So today I want to stress the importance of not giving up. For me, this is key. I haven’t seen any results in the month and a half of going to the gym, working out at home, and running. However, I know that I haven’t been putting in a full effort, but it’s still disappointing not seeing any results.


Our best-man of honor (yup we just had our best friend at our wedding, who shared both the role of the best man and the made of honor… if you didn’t pick that up from the title) always says Success is the Best Motivator… Hence you got to keep going, and the second you start seeing results you’ll want to do more. Smile 


My motivator is knowing that I use to look good, and use to fit into my jeans. I’m also motivated by the fact that I feel better after exercising. It feels so good to have the sore muscles that let you know they’ve been working. It feels so good to feel all the gunk leaving your cells as you sweat through a workout. I just love it.

I've also taken to printing out pictures of me and some of my role models, and sticking them on my bathroom mirror, car dashboard, laptop and netbook desktops and so on to keep me motivated.


Q: What is your main motivator when it comes to fitness and health? Do you set goals to reach?

2 comments:

  1. omg i'm doing couch to 5k too! but i'm currently derailed with a nasty, mean ole cold! i'm not a sporty or fitness person at all, so this is a welcome change for me. loving the 25 days!
    ps--have you entered my giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate colds, they get me so down :-( Hope you start feeling better soon! I will head over and enter the giveaway right now! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Leave comments, questions or suggestions! They make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...