Photobucket                                               PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, April 8, 2011

A weight loss challenge

 

One of my favorite bloggers (Meghan) is participating in a weight loss challenge presented by Mr.&Mrs. Smith, so I am going to link up with these girls and play along. Since my 25 Days of Fitness are hopefully leading me to a weight loss, I’d like to keep it up through the 8 weeks and see if I will be able to get to my goal weight.


Weight Loss Challenge
 
I am technically in the weight range for my height, however I’ve gained about 20 pounds of marital bliss weight, which I’d like to get rid of so that I can fit back into my jeans and dress pants.
 
I am 5’7’’
I weigh somewhere around 146 pounds
I’d like to be at about a 125-130
My goal is to lose about 15 to 20 pounds
 
I would be very happy with just 15 pounds so I’m setting my goal at this for the next 8 weeks, however it would be fantastic if I could lose 20. However, I am also taking into consideration that building muscle is going to cause a weight gain, since muscle weighs more then fat. However, my true measure of my weight loss will be if I can fit into my jeans, the ones that use to fit me like a glove which I have to fight and wiggle to get into now.
Smile 
Here is my plan:
 
Exercise-wise I plan on continuing with my 25 Days of Fitness challenge, running Couch to 5K, taking Body Pump classes at the gym 3 days a week, and lifting weights in-between. Monday, Wednesday and Sunday are my Body Pump classes, before class I usually spend about 30 minutes working on my legs. On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays I run, work on abs and throw in some other upper body workouts. These past two days my knee has been bugging me so instead of running on the treadmill I’ve trades up and have been using the elliptical (much softer on the knees).
 
Diet-wise I plan on using more supplements (you can read all about them here, and here). I am also using myfitnesspal.com, to track my exercise and calories. I am going to try and stick to a 1200 calorie diet. This is the first time in my life that I am counting calories, so wish me luck.
 
I will be weighing in on Wednesday nights.
 

Sorry this is a day late guys!

I’m very excited to have a goal set and have people motivating me to move towards it.

Hello! Summer vacations and new bikinis! Woohoo!

Good luck all!

Zara - 1

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining the weight loss challenge!! It sounds like you have a good goal! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll love myfitnesspal. The database of foods is HUGE and there is literally nothing I've ever eaten that wasn't already in there at the right calorie count. I'm doing 1200, too. But Mr. and Mrs. Smith told me that it's important too that you make sure to eat your exercise calories or your body will go into starvation mode and hold onto extra weight. I'm sure you already knew this...you seem to be very knowledgeable in this area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. and Mrs. Smith - thanks! I'm excited to actually be held accountable! :-)

    Meghan - I am really liking myfitnesspal, especially since it's on my phone! :-) Mr. and Mrs. Smith is totally right about the calories, but if you end up using up more calories then you intake you will lose weight, from my experience as long as you aren't feeling hungry you are good. Physiologically your body goes into starvation mode if it is not getting enough energy, hence if you are eating 6 small meals a day or snacking where your body feels you are getting enough energy you will be okay. For example at the end of the day yesterday I had 400 calories to go, due to my workout, but I didn't feel hungry at all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic:You did fabolous.Thanks for good idea. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Leave comments, questions or suggestions! They make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...