Photobucket                                               PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Ginger Glaze Mahi Mahi

This was a random recipe I decided to try out tonight, and my God it was actually pretty good. Let me start off by saying the ONLY reason I bought Mahi Mahi was because it was on a ridiculous sale at my local Sunflower Market. I’m talking $3.77 a pound!!!! So I bought two pounds, for some reason they gave me four pounds which I didn’t notice until I pulled it out of the fridge today.

ANYways! The Ginger Glazed Mahi Mahi turned out way better then I thought, it was actually edible. I usually don’t like fish that is fishy in smell and taste… I don’t know if you know what I mean but it sort of tastes salty without any salt. However the glaze really helped and it went pretty well with the mashed potatoes, it would have been better with just white Jasmine rice.


  The best part about this recipe was that it was super easy, fast and I had everything it required at home.
You will need:
  • 3 tbsp of Honey
  • 3 tbsp of soy sauce
  • 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp canola oil
  • 4 medium or 6 smaller filets of Mahi Mahi
And here is what you do:
1. In a shallow glass bowl/dish mix the honey, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ginger and olive oil together.
2. Stick the Mahi Mahi filets in the dish and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat,
4. Get the fish out of the refrigerator and get ready to fry them, make sure to hang on to the marinade
5. Fry the fish for 6 minutes on each side, and another 4 on each after that
6. Remove fish and set aside.
7. Pour reserved marinade into skillet and heat the mixture until it reduces to a glaze.
8. Spoon the glaze over the fish and serve

DONE! Now just ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. this looks so yummy! thanks for sharing the recipe; i'm always looking for new recipe's because i need to learn how to cook

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is that marinading the fish prior to cooking is the secret! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Leave comments, questions or suggestions! They make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...