Photobucket                                               PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Fat Tax

 

pic via

It is officially true that I am a bum when it comes to the gym. I had a really great two months of going, and then once finals came around I took a week off, that week turned into two and I am currently on my third week off from the gym…

When I made this observation to the Mister, he stated that I’m just doing my part in paying the Fat Tax. The Mister went on to explain what he meant by the Fat Tax after he so my completely confused face.

The Fat Tax is the money you shell out every month for a gym membership that you never use. In short, when you are paying $40.00 a month and skipping the gym altogether you are paying your Fat Tax.

I thought that was cleaver, but it also made me really think of the fact that I am wasting $40.00 a month if I don’t go to the gym, and while we have pretty much a full gym set up in our basement it is just not the same.

Hence, I am going back to the gym tonight. Reluctantly, and a little sad that I have to get off my comfy recliner and drive in the 40 degree weather to the gym, then get out of the car and actually walk into the gym, but I am not going to waste my Fat Tax anymore! $40.00 could get me a new pair of shoes, but I’ll settle for a less jiggly booty.

Smile

Are you paying a Fat Tax?

5 comments:

  1. I used to for like 3 months - it was not good lol. I'm doing better with exercise now I'm not paying for a gym membership - then again I run round my neighbourhood - it's about 1km from my house to the restaurant round the corner and back - enough for me at the moment - I can't even run there and back - hopefully I get better soon.

    Did you have fun at the gym? I used to go on the treadmills and the cycling machines so I could watch TV at the same time lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy punch card for that exact reason! Don't want to pay the Fat Tax :). So, I don't feel guilty about not going as often as I should, but the bottom line is that I don't work out as often as I should! I've been very disciplined this entire week about going for a brisk walk/jog each morning before the family wakes up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I am, I am in the same exact boat as you. Why is it so easy to go once you are in the habit but so hard once you take time off. UGHHHH!! Seriously this is the story of my life, but I'm on week 4 which is just pathetic and inexcusable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha yes I pay it sometimes and finals week is about to begin so you know what that means!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw this post because of your redirect. And I think I pay my fat tax in WW membership fees. Funny name.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Leave comments, questions or suggestions! They make me smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...