A few weeks ago, as I was reading one of my favorite blogs, I came across the Hawaiian Chicken Burger recipe. It looked AH-mazing and I had to try it.
I recreated it, and let me tell ya… it was AWESOME. And just because I am awesome, I am going to share my recreation process.
You are going to jump for joy when you realize how SIMPLE this is!
Here is what you need:
- Two medium chicken breasts (Cut into two pieces, and then tenderize into patties)
- Pineapple (De-skin is that what you do to a pineapple?! Cut 4 slices of about a quarter inch thickness and remove the middle)
- Red Onion (Cut four slices of about a quarter inch thickness)
- Swiss Cheese (Four sandwich slices)
- Teriyaki sauce (I prefer the Tokyo Joe’s homemade Spicy-aki)
Sorry for my lack of kitchen speak. I really have no clue if a pineapple is peeled or de-skinned or what the process is called, bottom line you don’t want any of the hard outside poky skin on.
Start of by beating the crap out of the chicken with a tenderizer and forming into a round patty shape. Then smother them in your favorite teriyaki sauce and let them sit, while you gather the rest of the ingredients.
You also want to grab the jar of teriyaki sauce!
Get the grill going and get ready to grill up the best chicken burgers of your life.
Stick the chicken on the grill first, and let it cook for a few minutes or so. Then add on the pineapple and the red onion. Rub some more teriyaki sauce on the chicken, the pineapple and the onion. Grill everything until it’s done.
Once the chicken is done, stick the Swiss cheese on the chicken and let it melt for a few seconds. Get your burger buns ready, pile on the chicken, the pineapple and the onion.
Most importantly ENJOY!!!
Let me know what you think of this!!!